Sunday 9 October 2016

WRITING NEWS OCTOBER 2016


NORTHWORDS NOW - this is a really classy publication - look at the cover… so fabulous. And inside lots of very good writers and a wee space for me in there, too. I am so pleased to be here. It's a free publication and it's to be found in lots of places in Scotland. Go to http://northwordsnow.co.uk to find out if there's a place near you. 

You can also download it free online at the same site. 

In other news I just won The Doris Gooderson Short Story Competition and you can read my story, 'Mountains, Pebbles and Sand' here: https://wrekinwriters.wordpress.com/2016/09/30/2016-dg-1st-mountains-and-pebbles-and-sand-by-douglas-bruton/

I was longlisted for 'Over The Edge New Writer 2016'.

And I am currently shortlisted in a couple of others and longlisted in a couple, too. More news on these as and when the results are out.

Finally, I start a uni course in a couple of weeks that will be a spur to me getting one of my novels polished to a state where I feel I could send it out there. So looking forward to this. With so many nice people saying I should be published… well… I suppose I need to make more of an effort to do this.



No comments: