Thursday 1 March 2018

TO BE PUBLISHED IN 2018

News just in - the news I hinted at in the last post - I will have a novel published later this year, one that I am really very proud of and that has been in my desk drawer for a number of years now and which I was pushed to 'get out there' by the late Helen Lamb who was a teacher of mine for almost a year. The contracts are signed.

The novel will first be published in hardback… probably in October. 

This could not have come at a better time for me. I have not exactly been blocked these past months, but have not written much… which is not how it has been these past ten years. I have a lot of short stories done and dusted and many are in print in nice places and have had very good things said about them. But I needed to make the next step up with the writing - the step that increases the readership and shows what I can do on a bigger canvas. I am hopeful that this novel will do that.

And now I feel motivated to bring more of my novels to the table, to get them redrafted and polished and 'out there'.

More news will follow - details on the novel and publisher etc.

No comments: