Monday 14 January 2019

The Mechanics' Institute Review (Birkbeck, University of London)

The Mechanics' Institute Review is the online platform for BirkBeck, University of London. I recently attended an Arvon course in Lumb Bank nr Hebden Bridge with Toby Litt (from Birkbeck) and Joanna Walsh. Toby read one of my stories in the week at Lumb Bank and suggested I might like to send it in to MIR for their consideration. I did and they accepted it. I worked with one of their staff - Jupiter Jones - on fine-tuning the piece (thank you to Jupiter for making the whole process so easy) and today the story has been posted up on their site. It's called 'A GIRL IN MY BATHROOM' and it's a bit quirky and you can read it here:

http://mironline.org/a-girl-in-my-bathroom-by-douglas-bruton/

Great picture to go with it by the way.

No comments: