Tuesday 4 June 2024

CHELSEA ARTS CLUB!

 Last week I was at the opening of a new show at the Chelsea Arts Club in London. The work I was most interested in was the exhibition of the late Alan Smith's artwork 'The New World'. I had seen the work online and had been presented with an A4 portfolio of the work by Alan Smith's widow, Jill; but I'd never seen the whole work as Alan Smith had intended it to be seen (full-size). I was invited to the opening, which I was thrilled about. Met some lovely people there and was just a little overwhelmed. 

But I was also invited to the event held five days later, a more intimate event to celebrate the work of Alan Smith; not only was I asked to come to this, but I was also asked to speak and to do a reading from my wee book 'WITH OR WITHOUT ANGELS'. It was a fantastic day and afterwards we got to sit in the wonderful garden of the Chelsea Arts Club. A very special day indeed.

(Oh, and I met Tim Conrad who has turned my wee book into a filmscript!!!) 

No comments: