Friday 22 August 2008

Aoife's Kiss - love my flash

'Aoife's Kiss' don't usually publish flash fiction within their covers, but they liked my piece called 'HER EYES STILL GREEN' - liked it so much that they have scooped it up. It is a piece based on reports made by two medieval monks on The Green Children of Wolfpit. According to the monks, two children, skin as green as moss, climbed out of a pit where the bodies of dead wolves were thrown. They spoke in a tongue no one recognised. They were taught 'English' and were eventually able to report that they came from a twilight place called St Martin's Land, where everything was bathed in a pale green light. It was thought that they came from the moon or some land of faerie.

'Aoife's Kiss' will publish my flash fiction story in their December issue.

2 comments:

Tania Hershman said...

Cognrats, that's wonderful, it sounds like a fascinating story. And good for you for spreading the wonders of flash fiction to as-yet-uninitiated publications! Looking forward to reading it. Onloine or print??

Douglas Bruton said...

Thanks, Tania, for popping by.

Aoife's Kiss is both an online and a print mag... I am not sure which has taken my flash... or maybe both? I think it is a Canadian operation. Once it is published (December) if you are not able to access it I will send you a copy of the wee story. (unless you want to e-mail directly to my hotmail address and I can send you a 'sneak preview' by private e-mail - so that it is not out there in the public domain.)

Best

D