Thursday 30 December 2010

A New Year Letter

Well, the year's almost done and looking back it has not been so bad.

I finished a second children's novel. (and we'll have to wait and see how that does)

I completed the Port Brokeferry project at close to 80,000 words.

I wrote thirty short stories and dozens of flash fictions.

I finished a special 'thing'; I wrote 50 flashes on my dad, who passed away some years back, and I did not want that he be forgotten. The whole project has the the title 'Art in Heaven' (as in 'Our Father who art in Heaven...') and was done for my brother who was celebrating a special birthday. This was a big and important project and it meant a lot to get it completed.

I scored 29 hits in competitions including 4 first and 4 seconds.

I got ideas for two novels to add two already simmering in my head, and more Port Brokeferry spin-offs beginning to excite me - lots of those. No signs then of the creative juices drying up.

Yes, so not too bad a year.

And the year ahead? Lots I HAVE to do this year. Lots of projects I need to bring to some kind of fruition. I have goals, as I did last year, and they are a little more ambitious, so I may be a little quieter here than I have been. Maybe - quiet isn't something that sits easy with me... again we'll see.

But for now, a happy new year to all who pop in here. I hope the year behind you has been equally productive and the year ahead already holds some promise.

Best to all.

D

No comments: