Wednesday 5 January 2011

News in!

Have been quite busy over the holiday period. I wrote five new stories, a couple of which I think are worth something. They were a bit of a new departure and lots of fun to do, too. Then I got down to work for the day job - that was more serious, but I made some progress there aswell.

News just in (and this feels good coming so early in the year) : I have just been informed that I have won another short story competition. Was told in November that I had made the shortlist, then heard nothing so thought I had not done better than that, and was pleased with that anyway. Then today, an e-mail to say I had won and some feedback which praised the language in my story.

Last night I had quietly resolved to give much more of my attention to bigger projects this year... then this happens.

Whispers are in my head for a further novel idea... needs more research than the other ideas I have, but those whispers are beginning to make themselves heard... and so, may become shouts before much longer and then I will have a project to consume me.

Happy New Year to all writers and any readers that come here.

No comments: