Sunday 25 March 2012

Been a while!

Just a brief update.

Am keeping to my resolution not to fuss over so many short story competitions this year... mostly, I am... tho' it's not easy when you have so many stories looking for homes. But, I am at least a third down on my entries this year... sort of weaning myself off the addiction!

And bigger projects are getting some attention as I promised they would. Finished the first draft of a novel for grown ups during our mid-term break, and sent out my second full length children's novel recently. That all feels good. Might make some use of my Easter hols to lay down the draft of a second big project that is making a lot of noise in my head just now. I'll hang more up here as and when I feel they are ready for public scrutiny.

Three results in (all for short story comps entered before 2012's resolution): won two and a short-listing for Fish short story comp. Not too bad. A few misses along the way, but the strike rate is still at around 35-40%.

Read V. Gebbie's novel, 'The Coward's Tale'... funny to read something you have seen bits of before it was a novel. Well worth the read, I'd say.

Just been looking over some of the 50 word stories I used to post on Sarah Salway's site... they were fun and I miss them a lot. Maybe I'll get back to doing these somehow. There's a whole set written to a picture of Rhubarb that I like. (here's the link... if I can work this computer linking thingummy: http://www.sarahsalway.net/2009/04/19/rhubarb-50-word-story/ ... if you click on that it should take you there... maybe.)

Well, that's enough for now and something bright in the air... wishing you all well.


No comments: