Saturday 25 August 2012

Not so pretty!

Visitors to my blog should know that I do not edit posts after they have been posted, though I may add a further comment to the post as a postscript either in italics and in brackets at the end of the post or as a comment on the post itself. I do this because I do not lie and do not wish people to think me manipulative of the facts in anything.

However, it may be noticed by visitors here that the blog has fewer pictures dotted through the posts. I have today gone through every blogpost and removed any picture which may have a copyright attached to it. This is because someone else on the blogosphere has just reported that they were asked to remove a copyrighted image they had downloaded from google and they were subsequently sued for a large sum of money for having used the image without permission.

Don't think google images are free... they clearly aren't. Get legal... even if it means your blog is not so pretty any more.

Besides, this is a writer's blog so it should be about the words and they should be good enough to stand on their own... so from now on that's what they will do.

NEWS - just in: I have won the Fylde Brighter Writers Circle Prize (and there's a trophy!!!); and I have placed second in Calderdale's annual short story competition. Nice news for August.

2 comments:

William Shears said...

If you're looking to jazz up your blog with images, try this site
http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/

Douglas Bruton said...

Hey William, it's been a while! Hope you are well.

Thanks for the link. I shall look into it.

Thanks, too, for popping by and reading my piece. You are always welcome.

D