Sunday 27 November 2016

TWO YEARS IN A ROW WITH AESTHETICA!

Last year at this time I was whooping and hollering because I made the shortlist for Aesthetica's Creative Writing Award and was selected to be in their annual publication of the best creative writing entered into the competition. Inside the publication, Arifa Akbar described my story as 'breathless' and 'powerful'. I was walking on air.

Then, wow!

I have just been informed that the story I entered into this year's competition has also made the cut and will appear in this year's publication of the best of the competition. That's pretty special. They get a couple of thousand entries, so to get noticed twice is such a wonderful affirmation. I'm whooping and hollering again.

The anthology should be out in time for Christmas. I'll let you know.

No comments: