Sunday 12 July 2009

WHEN STARS FALL

Just had a flash fiction piece called 'Leaning Towards Father Cuthbert' published by Falling Star Magazine. And they pay! I got them to donate my earnings to a local children's charity. It seems that the arts in California are undergoing some sort of budget crisis. Inner city schools are making applications for pencils so that children can participate in drawing activities! Those nice people at Falling Star have donated my $60 to a charity that is helping make sure that children have access to basic art materials - better than me giving a big chunk of the money to the bank in the transfer from dollars to pounds.

3 comments:

Sandy K. said...

Douglas, yes, indeed, the arts in California are suffering. In fact, everything in California is suffering. It's pretty sad. Michigan's economy is really bad, as well. Tis the times.

On a positive note...I mailed your note cards today. I hope you enjoy them.

Sandy K. said...

I forgot - congratulations on publication, and am glad to hear you contributed to the arts. Good cause!

Chapter 4 is at least looked at, as I worked backwards a bit to fix some things I just "had" to. Thanks for the deadline. Though not finished, I'm underway again:).

Douglas Bruton said...

Thanks Sandy. I look forward to seeing the note cards.

And thanks for your congrats.

And I am glad that you have been spurred on to get the writing underway. Don't beat yourself up on the deadline thing - set yourself another and aim for it.

Best of luck

D