Tuesday 28 May 2013

Loneliness and Rejection Can Kill You!

Sometimes I trawl the internet for something interesting to read. I am not a very good trawler, but sometimes I stumble upon something that someone else found.

Here is a link to an interesting article on loneliness: HERE

One of the things I found fascinating in the article is a bit where it talks about the damage that rejection can do. Now, we writers suffer rejection all the time - on a daily basis sometimes, but it is not that sort of rejection it is talking about. It is the rejection where you are excluded from a group that you once belonged to. That stuff can kill... or at least it can do damage. And if you carry that rejection with you for a long time, even for years, then it is sure to do you a deal of harm.

I say all this, because in my life I work against people suffering rejection in this way. It is not always easy. I am a teacher, and I use my skills in peacemaking and in creating a philosophy of complete acceptance in my pupils, to battle this disease - and thanks to this article I can call it a disease now.

I stumbled across this article through another person's blog. I think they are dealing with some difficult personal issues and I instinctively wanted to reach out and offer support and help... but I am rejected from the club that that person is in. I am heartened that at least other members of the club are reaching out to give their comfort and support. If ever that person should stumble along here, I hope that the message is understood.



No comments: