Sunday 24 April 2011

Forgive!

I keep getting these pithy little pick-me-up quotations in my hotmail in-box. I don't recall requesting them. They just started appearing, as if from nowhere, like little gifts. I read them sometimes and then fly on past and consign them to the bin not always giving them the time they need. But it's Easter and the sun is trying to break through the clouds and a blackbird is singing it's heart out in the laburnum tree outside my window and the cat is stretched out on the slate tiles trying to find cool and this is in my in-box today and it feels appropriate somehow:

"He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass." (George Herbert)

So, to anyone who has done me wrong or harm, I offer forgiveness, unreservedly; and to anyone to whom I have done wrong or harm, I beg for it, humbly. And to anyone reading this, why not do the same in your world.

Happy Easter everyone.

No comments: