Sunday 8 April 2012

Day Eight


(For more information on my 'April Challenge' see HERE)



(36)EINSTEIN’S TONGUE
‘Say aah. Tongue out. Yes, I see. Not good. We’ll have to take tests. Yes, a slight furring. Could be nothing. Could be something. It’s all relative, Mr Einstein. You should know that. For someone your age it’s probably fine. But on a younger man – well, it’d just be rude.’

(37)EINSTEIN’S MAM
Mam said it would stay like that. If the wind changed direction suddenly, or dropped. And my eyes would be goggle-eyes forever after and my tongue hanging out of my mouth like a dog’s. ’Course I didn’t believe her. It wasn’t scientific. But you should always listen to your mam.

(38)EINSTEIN’S LOVER
I wanted him to look distinguished. For the cameras. That’s how history should remember him. But he wouldn’t have it. Shook his hair into shock and his eyes wide and his tongue sticking out of his mouth. The picture’s everywhere, and it’s fact: I loved a fool – more fool me.

(39)EINSTEIN’S THEORY
I think he knew. That’s why the tongue and Albert playing it for laughs. I think he knew something was wrong. In the theory. A small thing, but crucial. Nothing faster than light, he said, and now they think there is. Everything turned upside down, and I think he knew.

(40)EINSTEIN’S SEX-LIFE
He was a celebrity. He could have had any woman he chose. And maybe he did. And he took a little longer with each one. Taking time to savour. Licking under her breast and the inside of her thigh and the back of her neck - tasting salt on his tongue.

No comments: