Friday 6 April 2012

Day six

(For more information on my 'April Challenge' click HERE)



(26)LOVE LIES PLEADING
She’d just the one tattoo. Where no one could see it. Where it must be discovered, by only the chosen: her lovers. Lifting Lara’s hair, kissing the back of her neck, and I saw it, just beneath the surface of her skin, like blood in a vein, one word: ‘stay’.

(27)A STING IN THE TAIL
‘But if you did what would you? What would you choose? I think it says a lot about you, or it would if you did. So think about it first. Take your time. And when you’re ready just tell me. What and where. I’ve got a bee under my pantline.’

(28)ADDICTION
It started with one. She’d been drinking and they’d done it for a bet. Just a star on her left breast and it was weird having a stranger touch her there. Then stars and butterflies and flowers, and a different tattooist each time, for that was part of the thrill.

(29)AND SHE COULDN’T
Colleen said she couldn’t. Said it was something common. Something for sailors, arms like knotted rope, and mermaids with bare breasts and blue tails on their skin, hearts with the word ‘mother’ across them. Colleen said it wasn’t for her. What she didn’t admit: she was scared of needles. Period.

(30) ELVIS DISCOVERS
Just under her hairline. Tattooed in blue ink. 'Find me,' it said. Then, just behind her ear, and it said 'Warmer'; tucked under one breast the words 'Warmer still'; and buried in her pubic curls the word 'Cold' so he knew to go back. On her heart: 'Love me tender'.

No comments: