Tuesday 17 April 2012

Day Seventeen

(For more information on my 'April Challenge' see HERE)



(86)SEX GIVES YOU WINGS
Sandra said she could fly. Not like an angel with wings flapping, or superman punching the sky. Just her feet floating off the ground and Sandra hanging in the air all by thinking herself light as a feather or small breath. Sex made her feel like that sometimes, Sandra said.

(87)DREAMS OF FLYING
It’s supposed to be something to do with sex when you dream about flying. That’s what I told Lawrie and she punched my arm and said I was making it up. Think about it, I said: that feeling of being at one with everything, and the breath taken from you.

(88)CRAZY THINKING
I’d not have believed it if you’da told me. Don’t expects you to believe me. I’s just telling you what I saw: Crazy Tammy, she lifted offa the ground, arms spread wide like she was flying, an’ she was. I swears it. An angel with dirty toes an’ crooked teeth.

(89)THE PHOTOGRAPH
There’s a picture to prove it. In black and white. Lucinda’s feet not touching the ground, her arms stroking the air and everything all dark and spark. ‘Course it could just be that she jumped before the click of the camera. But I don’t think that was what it was.

(90)IT’S POSSIBLE
Anything’s possible. Especially now the laws of physics have been stood on their head and things can move faster than Einstein ever thought and even time travel’s possible, in theory at least. And if you think you can then you can: feet not touching the ground for the longest time.

No comments: