Thursday 12 April 2012

Day Twelve

(For more information on my 'April Challenge' and what it is see HERE)



(56)WAITING FOR KITTY
They were in the field again. Cavorting like loons and the moon lighting up the whole show. And though I laughed, wanting to cartwheel after them, I was also sad. For didn’t Kitty say, that she’d be back only when the hares stopped their leaping and the field was bare?

(57)GOING NOWHERE
Jack has a wooden hare on his desk. Leaping, ears flying behind its head and its legs stretched out in front and behind. A mid-leap hare. Going nowhere, lust leaping. And I say to Jack that he’s just like that hare, we both are, and he doesn’t really see it.

(58)JOY IN JULIA BEING THERE
I don’t know why they leap. Maybe it’s a display for courtship or dominance. Or just for the joy of leaping, the joy of living. Seeing them, from my window, its like a dance, a moonlight ballet, and I bring Julia so she can see, too. And my heart leaps.

(59)THE COMMERCIAL ARTIST
He says it’s an obsession. Pictures on all his walls; here, there and everywhere, small sculptures in bronze and wood and clay; a thousand hares leaping in Dorian’s head, ears flapping, legs thrusting in all directions. Both graceful and clownish at the same time. He’s an artist and hares sell.

(60)WENDY IN HIS ARMS
It's a position in yoga: 'The Hare'. Wendy on her knees to show him, her body bent forward so that her forehead rests on the floor, her back arched and her arms thrust behind, hands touching the soles of her feet. Simon wants to scoop her up in his arms.

No comments: